Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

the story of a lotus flower....................

I was awake, yet my body was asleep. It was just because of the yell of my mother. I tried to
listen carefully to what she was yelling about, after twisting little bit on my bed. "Dinesh, get up,
you have the reputation of studying one of the best universities in Sri lanka. people think you are a great guy.but look at your work. your cloths are here and there. you room is like a hell. you are a shame to that university. oh my god, 2000 bucks worth of your watch is on the floor. "for a fact I knew it can't be 2000 bucks, as my girlfriend gifted it to me. I was thinking sarcastically meanwhile." Dinesh clean up this mess today itself, before I get really mad. "
when the harsh sound faded away in the atmosphere, I turned to a side in the bed to close my eyes again as if nothing happened. for a little while whole atmosphere was calm, but again it was interrupted with my mother's voice. this time it was from our garden. "Dinesh look at the pond here. it's utterly dark. If a visitor comes to our home, he will be wondered if the people in this house don't have enough time to clean up this pond even. what a shame. Dinesh get up now itself, clean this pond. i won't tell you again". I was convinced that there is no redemption for me. therefore I stepped out from my room and headed off to the garden. I paced towards the pond. well guess what, I was convinced about the bitter truth my mother told me. that pond was like a big hole of mud. It's bad smell was spreading through the atmosphere making our noses unbearable.
I was thinking about the heavy burden in my shoulders to clean this mess up today itself, sitting on the grass floor. Suddenly, my eyes contacted with a fascinating thing on that dirty hole of mud. it's beautiful. it's a lotus flower. It exists as if a glimmering precious to lit up that dark hole. it's beauty spreads on the whole pond to convert it into a heaven from the dark hell. when the trees sway gently in the breeze, sunshine falls in to the petals of the flower to reflect literally a nice colour. "hey can you equate the beauty of me with any flower that has been born a garden like a heaven". thoughts of that lotus flower whisper in the atmosphere. though lotus flower was born in that smelly mud, it could accustom to make that hell into a heaven. hmmmmmmmmm. I was in my world of thoughts at the vicinity of the pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment